Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fan Favorites

I'm lucky to have really supportive friends and family who love to cook and eat my recipes. Since I've been eating Paleo, I've been trying to make my food equally as delicious and satisfying. Below are two of my favorite veggie sides that go well with any protein or by itself! And they've been tested by some of my toughest critics!

Butternut Squash Soup

2 packages frozen puréed butternut squash
1-1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (depending on how thick you want the soup)
1 tsp of curry powder (use this measurement as a starting point, you can add more if you like a more robust curry flavor)
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

You can also add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes for a kick and a dash or two of Chinese 5 spice powder for a little warmth and natural sweetness.

In a large soup pot cover the frozen squash with coconut milk and let it meld together. Add your spices and stir until smooth.

Ginger Cabbage

1/2 head red cabbage, shredded or chopped
2 tbsp light olive oil
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté ingredients in a large pan over medium heat until the cabbage is tender.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment