Thursday, August 27, 2009

The beginning...

It's been a 2 year and almost unbearable wait but the time came Saturday August 22nd, 2009 when I met my food soul mate, Christine. I walked into my 4th floor apartment to find her unpacking boxes of kitchen supplies. Who knew anyone would have a like amount of Ikea pots and pans and hand me down dishes? I was ecstatic of course and offered to help her unload the stuff into the tiny kitchen of room 1414. After hours of conversation about how much we loved to cook and how we refused to buy a meal plan because of the inflated cost and low quality cuisine offered to us, we made it our mission spend less, cook more, and used the money we saved to taste the local fair in town. Thus, The Buttery Mushroom was born.

Here, I'll talk about what I like, love, or down right detest about the local restaurants in Tallahassee. Though not every dining experience will be with Christine... I'll always keep her in mind.

1 comment:

  1. Happiness at last .. a food soul mate! Everyone needs someone to share in the love of food. The process; planning , shopping & chopping. Sauteing, browning, & braising. and finaling eating! Yum! I can't wait to hear about the amazing meals that you will create! Don't forget to share the recipes.

    ReplyDelete