Saturday, March 19, 2011

What a Girl Wants

As I sit down on the couch and dive into a new memoir entitled "The Art of Eating In," I ponder the idea of the quarter-life crisis. As a 22 year old nearing her "quarter life" I can't help but have millions of questions about what I really want and what makes me truly happy. Even more confusing is the fact that lots of things make me happy and the art of exploration itself and the freshness of new adventures continues to add more and more things to that list. How can a woman be expected to rank from 1 to 10 the things that she enjoys the most? I want it all perfuming my existence at regular intervals, please!

There are many different directions in which I could go. Graduate school, cooking school, or working in the hospitality industry. Staying in Tallahassee or moving home... or moving to New York... or taking an internship in Scotland. Do I want the beauty of space and greenery or the fast-paced totally mod city life? All of these hypothetical possibilities are, in the least, slightly overwhelming, and, I guess all I can say is I'd like to experience it all. And though sure, it is about choices, it is more about experience, and what ever experience you have it is yours and only yours. To me that is perfection in itself.

1 comment:

  1. Here is another one for you to read next:

    Eating Animals: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=eating+animals&x=0&y=0

    ReplyDelete