Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kitchen Schizophrenia

Long time, no write....

Okay, that is a bit of an understatement. It has been MONTHS since I've written. So, I have decided to label myself as The Kitchen Schizophrenic. I went from bolgging nearly twice a week to blogging.... NEVER. A bit unacceptable, I know. BUT, let me explain.

Over the summer I was a Resident Assistant which meant I had no kitchen. Can you imagine being a full time babysitter with out having merely a POT to stand over and de-stress. That is a mistake I'll never make again.

When the Fall semester began, I started going to my cousins three times a week to tutor her kids. She lives with her parents who cook nearly everyday. Did I also mention that they are completely Italian. That means Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I am basically force fed. Not that I'm complaining... Eating is just about my favorite thing to do.

On top of that I have a roommate who MUST eat every three hours. She is training for a fitness competition which means my fridge is stuffed with bland turkey burgers and steamed cauliflower (yuck) leaving me no room to store anything.

That said, I must admit that I have been having serious cooking withdrawals. There is just something that excites me about preparing my own food... making something just for me. I had just about had it with canned tuna so tonight I made myself pork tenderloin in a white wine, dijon mustard, garlic, and butter sauce, roasted asparagus, and huge baked potato.

I cooked and drank wine... my mind was quiet and life was good.


No comments:

Post a Comment